Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Vinnie transcription

  1. #1
    Inactive Member maxdis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi
    I've transcribed the third trade (the one where he seems to "slow down")that Vinnie does on "Nothing Personal" from the Document cd...let me know if it's correct! I think he plays a 7 over 6 modulation..!
    http://www.massimodiscepoli.it/Grandi/np.html
    thanks

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2004 07:19 AM: Message edited by: maxdis ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any chance you could provide some more explanation on this? What does the D and S mean above the notes?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wolfgang.at's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Derek DeFields:
    Any chance you could provide some more explanation on this? What does the D and S mean above the notes?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess, it means left and right in Italian.
    D = Destra = Right
    S = Sinistra = Left

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Makes sense, thanks.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member maxdis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes, drumhead is right about D and S ...!
    The smaller notes are ghost notes (I can't find a better symbol on Sibelius!), and I would like to put some 7 brackets to outline the polyrhythm, but I don't know how to do it...!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Manos's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I would say he's probably not alternating hands on the snare. Also, he keeps the ride pattern going with his right hand, but at a slower tempo. The flams at the end should have floor toms as the grace notes. Those are a couple of things I noticed at first glance.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member maxdis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Manos, you are correct about the floor tom flams, in fact I've corrected that (and some other errors I've noticed), but I'm pretty sure about the ride pattern... the hands don't alternate , I think the only possible sticking is LRLLRLR (there was a couple of typo I've corrected)...now the transcription should be right(I hope!)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Vdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hey,

    Would you mind posting the corrected version?

    Brad

  9. #9
    Inactive Member maxdis's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Vdrummer, just check the URL on my first (edited)post...! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Vdrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I did but it wasn't there. I got it now, though. Thanks,

    Brad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •